Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it!” – Danny Kaye
February is almost upon us and I’m curious…are you successfully stepping into your Brilliance?
- Have you chosen your focus word for 2019?
- What heart-stirring outcomes have you set for yourself?
If you haven’t ….it’s not too late!
This year, my focus word is BRILLIANCE. Looking at all areas of my life, I can see new and different ways to lean and step into this brilliance.
The Macquarie dictionary’s says, “The quality of being exceptionally radiant (giving off light), having great intelligence, showing extraordinary mental ability and being magnificent.”
Thinking of public speaking (one of my favourite interests), there is something about the rhythm and the flow, that’s very similar to stepping into Brilliance in one’s own life.
Say you decide you want to become good at communicating and speaking in public. Vividly, I remember the day deciding this was exactly what I wanted to do as a niche business. Studying great speakers, such as, Amanda Gore and Craig Valentine, I would secretly crave knowing how they stepped into their brilliance and spoke with such rich self-confidence and flow. Taking the plunge, I found a talented coach and mentor, Nadine Love, who could lead, guide and help me create a successful business.
I chose Brilliance and the “9 Steps to Ultimate Speaker” was born.
Successfully stepping into your Brilliance is about giving you and others space to play, create and improvise. Like talented speakers, inventiveness is essential to any great success or performance. Great speakers and communicators understand the importance of discovering your own voice and creating the breathing space for others to do the same.
“What got you to here won’t get you to there.” – Craig Valentine
This year, after reviewing 2018, once again I chose to step into my Brilliance and engaged another talented coach and mentor, Genine Howard from Iconic Empires.
Her words caused a light bulb moment, “You are playing small. What are the possibilities for you and your business? What would feel amazing and incredible?”
Whether you want to improve your communication, professional speaking skills or you have other outcomes you wish to achieve, would it help to have some easy steps so that you can make 2019 your best year yet?
Before you start the questions below, I suggest you take yourself and your favourite journal to a quiet spot that feels right for you. Take a few deep breaths, which is also an excellent exercise before public speaking. As you visualize the possibilities for your future, answer the three questions below.
- About you…
- Who were you at the beginning of 2018? Who are you now?
- Who would you like to become more of in 2019?
- What do you choose to let go of in 2019?
- As you review 2018, consider the following on a personal and professional level…
- What have you loved?
- What could be improved?
- What do you want more of?
- What haven’t you achieved yet?
- What have been your accomplishments?
- What Brilliance could you bring into your business for you and for others?
- As you look forward into 2019 and beyond, what does it look and feel like for you? Consider the following your relationships, financial, communication, health, skills, training, travel, assets, speaking skills, contribution, products, services, balance, teams, mentors, programs, interests, aspirations and your dreams.
- Who and what type of businesses do you want to be working with?
- How many group trainings, keynotes, workshops and presentations will you do? How many one on one clients do you intend to work with?
- Now, imagine it is today’s date this time next year, what has happened? How do you feel? What are you telling yourself as you look back over the year?
- What are the essentials needed to help you move forward and achieve these goals? Who do you need beside you?
Do you want to be able to speak from your heart and share your message even more?
Would it be valuable to have a quality conversation so that you are clear on what you would like to achieve for 2019?
If so, love to gift you a complimentary 35-minute Ultimate Speaker Clarity Conversation. Go to http://ultimatespeaker.com.au/connect-with-kim/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time to talk.
Let’s make 2019 your best year yet! Love to hear from you…
Here’s to your BRILLIANCE and all that you create for Yourself, Others and Your Business?